Funcom has revealed the future of Conan Exiles, the studio’s open world survival game. According to the press release, Funcom is fully committed to making sure Conan Exiles has a successful Early Access period, and will be investing another $5-10 million into the development before final launch.
Conan Exiles entered into Early Access on January 31st, sold nearly half a million copies the first month and grossed a whopping $1 million the first sixty minutes after it went live on Steam. The entire development budget was recouped in less than one week.
The $5-10 million investment will give players six major content updates, a Game Preview release on Xbox One in Q3 2017 and full launch on Playstation 4, PC, and Xbox One in Q1 2018.
Here are some of Conan Exile’s key features:
- Siege Warfare: Players can attack each other’s settlements with powerful war machines, such as siege towers or trebuchets, and fling rotting corpses over the walls of their enemies to spread pestilence in their streets.
- The Purge: Hordes of NPC warriors will sweep down into the Exiles Lands and attack player settlements. Players must ready their defenses against this brutal attack, but can also go on the offensive and capture new thralls and strong gear.
- Mounts: You will be able to enjoy mounted combat on horses and capturing camels, rhinos or even elephants to be used for pack animals or crushing your opponents walls. Mounted combat will also make its way to Conan Exiles.
- Sorcery: Embrace the dark corruption of magic to summon demons or raise the undead to create an army of skeletons. Magic in the world of Conan is more than shooting fireballs out of your hands: it’s dark, terrible, and twisted.
- Settlement System: Create a living city, where you command your thralls to guard, patrol, craft, gather or trade based on your own schedules. Build roads, set up schedules for your thralls, and breathe life into your settlement.
- Highland Biome: An all new area expanding the existing map into the highlands, with new creatures, armors, religions and a temperature system. Explore vast forests and scale tall mountains in this rugged, weather-beaten part of Hyboria.