Epic Games has announced that FTL: Faster Than Light is now available for free on Epic Games Store. PC gamers can visit the game’s EGS page and acquire their free copy. Do note that this free offer will last for the next 24 hours, so be sure to get your free copy as soon as possible.
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy.
Here is the game’s description.
“It’s a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This “spaceship simulation roguelike-like” allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.”
You can acquire your free copy from here. Below you can also find the game’s key features:
- Complex Strategic Gameplay – Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Play at Your Own Speed – Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology – Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races.
- Be the Captain You Want – Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Randomized Galaxy – Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- No Second Chances! – Permadeath means when you die, there’s no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.