Frozenbyte announced today a May release date for its upcoming stealth-action game Shadwen. In order to celebrate this announcement, the studio also released a new trailer that showcases the game and its physics-based world and the emotional story.
Shadwen will launch at a low launch discount price of $14.55 on PC, following a “demo event” campaign where gamers from all over the world were able to play a sneak-peek beta demo and lower the price by doing so.
The starting price was $35 but over 20.000 downloads, 3.5 million points, and over 100.000 killed guards dropped the price to $14.55 (with a launch discount applied).
Here are the key features of Shadwen:
- MOVE FREELY – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.