Mode 7 Games announced today the release of Frozen Endzone on Steam Early Access. Frozen Endzone is a simultaneous-turn-based tactical game set around a brutal futuristic sport played by robots.
The game entered early beta in December 2013, and this release marks its first major update. It will launch at 5pm GMT / 9am PST today.
Joint Managing Director Paul Taylor said:
“I am so excited about this release I just had to quote myself saying how I excited I am!”
Here are the key features of this Early Access version:
– Players can now have stats: strength, resilience, “burst” (a small burst of acceleration when getting the ball), evade, intercept radius, block radius
– “Handball” (now called “Full Match”) game mode enters beta. This has been totally revamped to accommodate stats and is now the main game mode. Lots of turnovers, interceptions, end-to-end action, and new points zones make this really exciting and strategic.
– Team Editor allows you to name your players and set their stats; upload your team to the server and use it in multiplayer or skirmish with it offline
– Completely revamped, much more intelligent AI and a selection of new AI skirmishes
– Easy-to-use tile-based Pitch Editor (alpha)
– Custom Game Mode creator (alpha)
– Commentary system (alpha): commentary makes use of player names; in single player, the AI calculations are also used to allow the commentators to analyse your play-style; in multiplayer, the commentators will discuss your previous history with your opponent
– Some brand new animations and some big improvements to camera code
– There is now in-game audio to go with the music!