Playground Games has released a new update for Forza Horizon 4. According to the release notes, the October 23rd patch comes with general stability and performance improvements and packs multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
Furthermore, this patch comes with some PC-specific fixes and tweaks. For example it increases quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme, fixes a crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing and features a fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
As always, the Windows Store will download this patch the next time you open its client and you can find its complete changelog below.
Forza Horizon 4 October 23 Patch Release Notes
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
- Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.