Call of Duty: Warzone is the worst kept secret of 2020. And, as we’ve already reported, Activision will most likely reveal the game tomorrow, March 10th. However, it appears that YouTube’s ‘Chaos’ has broken the embargo and shared a video for this new battle royale COD title.
Now we have some good and some bad news. The bad news is that the video is no longer available. The good news is that Reddit’s member ywhine was able to list all of the details that the Youtuber revealed.
According to the YouTuber, Call of Duty: Warzone will support up to 150 players at launch. However, this number may increase in the future. Moreover, the game will support solo, duo and trio styles.
The map in COD: Warzone will be massive. Furthermore, it will contain old maps such as Terminal, Scrapyard, Overgrown, Broadcast and some new areas.
As we’ve already said, Call of Duty Warzone will be free to play and standalone. As such, the game will not require Modern Warfare. Still, Chaos claimed that there there will be crossplay and saved progression between Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Below you can find all the additional details that Chaos revealed.
- Weapon looting is guns only. No attachments, unless from supply drops. Health regeneration looks automatic.
- Two game modes – Main Warzone mode and then Plunder which is a respawn mode (seems to be cash based from the leaks)
- Features a Squad Leader jump-master thing, similar to Apex Legends (Squad leader, and leadership can be passed). You can see the cash of your team mates.
- The map is visually stunning according to Chaos, and when jumping, there is 3D text on top of the locations. There seems like a fair bit of verticality, especially in Downtown areas.
- Equipping armor plate seems almost instant.
- HUD has red dots, unsure if this is past/historic gunfire.
- There is a tactical map which shows the circle timer, Gulag matches etc.
- Vehicles include ATV, SUV, HELI, CARGO TRUCK and TAC ROVER.
- Locations – Dam, Miltary Base, Quarry, Airport, TV Station, Storage Town, Superstore, Boneyard, Train Station, Hospital, Downtown, Stadium, Lumber, Farmland, Prison (Gulag), Park, Port, Promenade East and West, Hills.
- Altitude meter, seems like you drop rapidly. You can cancel parachuting. Flares included when doing so.
- You spawn with a pistol, I counted 4-5 hits to down someone. 50 XP for downing, 500 XP for a kill.
- Two hitmarkers to kill in a downed state.
- Armor is automatic after equipping plates, seems like you can have up to 5. (Triangle to build).
- There are contracts with money, confirming the leaks e.g. collecting three crates.
- Ammo seems dumbed down, Assault rifle/LMG box x30.
- After killing a player, the loot just drops. There are no bags or going through the list of inventory like Blackout.
- Pinging returns, pinging locations, dangerous areas, enemy contact etc.
- I noticed when guns are picked up, the relevant ammo is next to it. Doesn’t seem like you’re going to be looking around too much for ammo drops.
- Loadout drops (like care packages), blueprints with weapon staches/caches – with a rarity symbol, I saw 3 out of 5 circles, maybe a reference to how many attachments equipped.
- Safe zone is gas, Chaos says the game plays/feels fast.
- Unsure of the maximum ammo count but at one point Chaos has 20/210 clipped for the SCAR.
- Lethals such as claymores, mines and grenades return.
- You can request buy back from squad to redeploy, and of course you can buy respawn tokens with the cash you earn.
- Ground war maps return (not much news).
- You get minimal ammo for the guns you pick up, just the one magazine.
- There are bounties, eliminating specific players – possibly MVP, rewarding cash. This is on a countdown.
- Gulag sequence is important. If you’re killed or captured(?) you’re a Prisoner of warzone, and taken to the prison cells. This has it’s own animation.
- You watch others fight in the Gulag (extended version of the Gunfight map) in a 1v1 and there is a countdown until your turn.
- You can see this in realtime, so you can make callouts for your teammates, and even throw rocks at the enemy.
- Gulag 1v1 seems like randomised classes like Gunfight – example was Crossbow with Origin secondary, C4 and flash.
- Easter eggs all over map, Chaos gives the example of TV’s showing Mile High Club mission.
- Vehicle controls seem smooth, unlike Blackout. Maybe the same as GW. Chaos recommends helicopters.
- Team mates can drop loot (duh).
- Revive team seems like five seconds, stim animation.
- Chaos says one of his concerns his killstreak spam, they can be bought and during the final circles, there were airstrike spam (there is a warning).