It appears that the first details for Cyberpunk 2077’s upcoming multiplayer game have been leaked via dataminers. The following information is from the game’s executable file, so this is the real deal. Everyone can access it, and we can confirm that what you are about to read is legit. However, do note that things may change as Cyberpunk 2077’s MP won’t be coming out anytime soon.
Our source wanted to stay anonymous, so we’ll respect his/her decision. Still, you can easily verify the following information yourselves by examining the game’s executable file.
The game’s executable file so far has two distinct MP game modes. The first one is called Heists, whereas the second one is a simple deathmatch. The Heists mode seems to function closer to standard single-player quest, along with dedicated functions with editor helper descriptions such as:
- Set Heist State
- Set spawn point tag that will be used to spawn new players during the mission
- Spawn tag: %s
Here are also some additional related functions.
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Heists Functions
- MP.Heist.SetPlayerCharacterClass (may imply multiplayer is focused on more strict character class selection system)MP_PlayerReady
- ++ %s joined the heist
- — %s left the heist
Waiting for players
Waiting for additional players… %u
> Match starts in %u <
Respawn in %u seconds
> Match ends in %u <
Waiting for players…
> Heist starts in %u <
Waiting for players to get ready…
Duplicate characters detected
Waiting for other players to get ready…
PRESS D-Pad Down / ‘X’ WHEN READY
use the debug menu to switch your character
Player is dead
> Heist ends in %u <
players in the Gather Area
Waiting for other players…
Go to the gather area (Seems to imply that players spawn either in free-roam or away from location where Heist actually begins and need to group there to begin)
Here are also some debug scoreboard:
- PLAYER NAME | KILLS | DEATHS | STATUS | PING | ID
- PLAYER NAME |
- KILLS |
- DEATHS |
- STATUS |
- PING |
- PLAYER NAME
- P L A Y E R S
Regarding the deathmatch mode, here are some of its functions:
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Deathmatch Functions
- ++ %s joined the match
- >> %s killed %s
- You sent yourself directly to hell! Please don’t come back
- Wow! You killed yourself… Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self-esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent %s directly to hell!
- Wow! You killed %s without compassion
- Your bullet was stronger than %s’s head
- Your shot destroyed %s’s body and soul
- %s sent you directly to hell!
- Wow! %s killed you without compassion
- %s’s bullet was stronger than your head
- %s’s shot destroyed your body and soul
Furthermore, the game MAY rely on P2P connections, and MAY not have dedicated servers. Going by the scraps, it seems that the game targets purely Peer 2 Peer connections with some host authority. Again, things may change. We are not saying that Cyberpunk 2077 won’t have dedicated servers. However, the executable file currently hints at P2P connections.
CD Projekt RED is currently working on the first free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 that will come out in early 2021. The team also debunked the recent rumors about development troubles with the game’s post-launch support.
Stay tuned for more!