It appears that the first details for the new Call of Duty game, COD 2020, have been leaked online. According to TheGamingRevolution, COD 2020 will be a Black Ops reboot/remake and will be using the Modern Warfare Engine.
Moreover, the game will explore the Vietnam War a lot more than the original Black Ops. The game will also be more realistic and based more on real events compared to the original Black Ops. Not only that, but it will be more gory than last year’s MW and will have a lot of shocking moments similar to Modern Warfare.
Alex Mason and Frank Woods will return, however they will be played by new actors. The game will have a very gory interrogation scene, and will tell the Vietnam War from multiple perspectives such as the US, South Vietnam and the Vietcong.
Below you can find all the additional details that TheGamingRevolution revealed. As always with such leaks, take everything you are about to read with a grain of salt. While TheGamingRevolution is a reliable source, things may change between and now and when the game comes out.
Call of Duty 2020 Details
- MW’s large playercount modes return, including 32v32. One Ground War map is a massive ice map with snowmobiles and tanks. Big frozen lake in the middle, forest on one side and bunkers with a train on the other. Very powerful flamethrower available on this map
- Most MP maps are classic Treyarch 3-lane maps
- Black Ops 4’s manual healing may return
- One 6v6 map is a warehouse map. 3 lanes, massive open field with a sniper tower in the middle, one lane features a river which goes from one spawn to the other
- Russian-looking city is other 6v6 map. Lots of cars on the left side of the map, lots of clutter and map is currently too big for 6v6
- Killstreaks include UAV, counter UAV, a bomber plane which down all enemy airborne killstreaks, dog (doesn’t know if it’s a dog which follows you or runs around freely)
- Operators return, Specialist look to be out
- Zombies to be a lot different than those of Black Ops 4
- Perks, Pack-a-Punch return but a lot more barriers to play and new different ways to play
- TranZit (the Black Ops 2 map) returns
- Aether reboot, unclear if it’s still the same story or not
- Chaos does not return
- DLC Zombies maps might still be paid, MP DLC maps will continue to be free like MW. Supply Drops will not return as well, microtransaction system to be similar to MW
- Creators at the Warzone event were reportedly told that Warzone will be the last CoD BR
- As of info from 6 months ago, some sort of Battle Royale was in development for CoD2020. Map was supposed to be Cold War, more gory, gritty and realistic version of Blackout’s, may be possibly added to Warzone.