Square Enix today released the August update for Final Fantasy XI Online, featuring the latest update to The Voracious Resurgence storyline. This month’s update also brings a number of exciting campaigns and in-game events.
Final Fantasy XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel; a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Moreover, and similarly to WoW, the game requires a monthly fee in order to play.
Players can also enjoy additional content in the August version update, including:
- Voracious Resurgence Update. Protect the Aht Urhgan landscape from a malevolent force alongside new characters, including Ghatsad, Megomak, and Ramuh.
- New Ambuscade Content. Challenge the iconic sage Ramuh in a new challenge, as well as the Citrullus, who returns to the fold this month.
- Sunbreeze Festival and Green Festival. Between now and August 31, players can participate in exciting shows and parties in several locations throughout Vana’diel, as well as receive awards and items.
- Bulk Up This Summer Campaign. Starting August 12, players can look forward to several campaigns, which will award players double to triple the normal amount of chain experience and capacity points, as well as improvements to players’ alter egos’ stats and many other bonuses to help quickly strengthen and level up characters.
- Summer Alter Ego Extravaganza. For the month of August, special alter ego ciphers are making an epic comeback for a limited time so players can flesh out their rosters.
- August Login Campaign. Players can receive numerous awards that they may have missed from May to July through the new login campaign. These include Red Raptor Mount, Silver Gun and Leafkin Bed.
- Return Home to Vana’diel. From Friday, August 13 and through Monday, August 23 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), players who are taking a break from FINAL FANTASY XI are invited to come back and experience the August update at no cost.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Additionally, you can find the full details for the August version update here.