Shadows are essential in every game. Without them, the world feels flat an unnatural. And unfortunately, a lot of lamps do not cast shadows in Fallout 4. Obviously, Bethesda resorted to such a thing in order to improve performance, however we believe that a lot of PC gamers would love to have as many as possible light sources casting shadows. Thankfully, there is a mod for that.
Modder ‘retekkid’ has released a mod that enables lamps to cast shadows.
As the mod’s description reads, the following lamps cast shadows as of now:
- The lightbulb. The point of emittance was changed.
- The construction light. Wider fov, slightly bigger radius.
- The industrial light.
- The mirror ball. Larger radius.
- The spotlight turret. Double radius.
- The strobe. Larger radius.
The latest version of this mod adds 2 versions of pipboy light, as well as fungii shadows.
Those interested can download the mod from here.