Modder ‘PuppyUnicorn’ has released a must-have mod for all Cyberpunk 2077 PC players. Enhanced Controls Mod adds a dedicated walk button, tweaks the dodging mechanics, allows PC gamers to use spacebar for the dialogue options, and more.
Here are all the changes that this mod brings to the table.
- Added a designated walk button (Left Ctrl). This works in every direction, however holding down two directions at once (e.g., W + S) will speed up the walk.
- Disabled Left Ctrl crouch hold (assumes you’re using a crouch toggle that’s NOT Left Ctrl; in my case ‘C’).
- Disabled double tapping movement keys (W, A, S, D) to dodge.
- Set an independent dodge button (currently using Mouse4 because I use a Logitech G703, however, this is easily configurable).
- Enables scrolling up and down in dialogue selection instances.
- Enables the spacebar for dialogue confirmation (ONLY dialogue, not menu selection. Also, can’t jump if a dialogue choice is on the screen).
- Added a slow drive button (Left Ctrl). This is independent of the walk button, and you can change it to whatever you want.
This mod works with the latest Steam version (and should also be compatible with the GOG version).
According to the modder, every change is commented in the two files, so it’s easy to find what is changed and make adjustments if you desire. Moreover, those who want to keep “Crouch Hold” as Left Control, can change the designated walk button and remove the comment from the crouch hold section.
Speaking of Cyberpunk 2077, here is how you can run the game on non-AVX CPUs and improve performance on AMD Ryzen CPUs.
You can download the Enhanced Controls Mod for Cyberpunk 2077 from here.