Valve has just released a new beta update for DOTA 2. This new update adds DOTA 2 Store, enables Ogre Magi in Captain’s Mode, adds a new effect for unrefined fireblast, is packed with lots of AI Bots fixes, and features a Kill Cam panel where it shows any custom items the killer was wearing. You can view its complete changelog below and as always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client.
In other news, Valve announced that DOTA 2 will be free-to-play and that it will support Steam Workshop. According to the company, all the items in the store are cosmetic, and don’t affect gameplay and all of the heroes will be available free of charge.
This basically means that DOTA 2 will be in direct fight with Trion’s League of Legends. Quite interesting to say the least.
Here is the changelog for the latest beta update:
– Added the Dota 2 Store!
– Enabled Ogre Magi in Captain’s Mode.
– Ogre Magi: Fixed Bloodlust autocast interrupting your TP scroll.
– Ogre Magi: Fixed Multicast Fireblast not extending the stun duration.
– Ogre Magi: Fixed Bloodlust being castable on magic immune units.
– Ogre Magi: Fixed Bloodlust Multicast being used up by couriers.
– Ogre Magi: Fixed Fireblast Mutlicast stopping if you die while it is multicast.
-Ogre Magi: Added unique effect for unrefined fireblast
– Outworld Destroyer: Fixed Arcane Orb not working on Illusions recently.
– Fixed losses and abandons not showing correctly on your own profile.
– Kill Cam panel now shows any custom items the killer was wearing.
– Empowering Haste visual no longer shows up on creeps
– Added new effect for unrefined fireblast.
DOTA 2 BOTS
– Fixed bug where bots would run out of their base immediately after teleporting to it.
– Fixed bug that could cause bots to prioritize a temporarily invalid unit (nightmared, reincarnating, etc) over one that is currently valid.
– Fixed case where bots would prioritize other desires over picking up Aegis/Cheese/Rapier.
– Fixed a number of bugs that could cause bots to get stuck near Roshan.
– Easier and Easy bots will now have ability usage lockouts where they’re periodically unable to use items and abilities.
– Fixed bug where passive bots would get stuck trying to ward.
– Fixed bug where Dire-side lobby slots would be inaccessible when there were bots in the corresponding Radiant-side lobby slot.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."