Bethesda and id Software have released a brand new update for DOOM. According to the release notes, this patch unlocks all multiplayer DLC to everyone. This basically means that all of the DLC maps, weapons, armor sets and demons will be available for all players to enjoy.
Moreover, this update introduces a revised progression system, and a Runes System that replaces the Hack Module System. The revised progression system will alter when and how players unlock additional guns, demons, equipment, and all of the player and weapon customization options. Instead of relying on the random distribution of unlocks, items now unlock through specific levelling requirements or through in-game challenges that the player can complete.
On the other hand, the Runes System enhances player abilities, but can be persistently equipped, which was not possible with the previous system.
It’s also worth noting that Update 6.66 will reset all players’ multiplayer level back to 0, and that a free trial weekend will be launched later today. This free weekend trial will let you play the first two Campaign levels and all of DOOM Multiplayer and SnapMap.
Here are the release notes for DOOM’s Update 6.66:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.