id Software has released a brand new update for Doom Eternal. According to the release notes, Update 4.1 fixes a number of bugs and issues.
Going into more details, Patch 4.1 fixes an issue on PC where quitting to desktop while on Ultra Nightmare difficulty would erase the campaign save game used to play the Super Gore Nest Master Level. It also fixes an issue in which players would sometimes be progression blocked after using the Yellow Key.
As always, Steam will download Update 4.1 the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Doom Eternal Patch 4.1 Release Notes
Super Gore Nest Master Level Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which resulted in the Golden Combat Shotgun not unlocking after completing all Super Gore Nest Master Level challenges
- Fixed an issue in which players would sometimes be progression blocked after using the Yellow Key
- Also fixed an issue where a Spectre demon would not spawn under certain conditions, sometimes blocking progression
- Fixed a rare bug in which an extended wave of fodder zombies would continue to spawn in the Star Mall
- Fixed an issue where duplicate doors would sometimes appear after dying and reloading checkpoints, causing a progression blocker
- Also fixed an issue on PC where quitting to desktop while on Ultra Nightmare difficulty would erase the campaign save game used to play the Super Gore Nest Master Level
- Fixed an issue where users could sometimes encounter a progression blocker when rushing into the encounter outside of the hospital
- Fixed a bug in which players could encounter a progression blocker during the final encounter in the exterior totem arena where the Archvile could summon a demon that gets stuck on the ledge where the Slayer Key is located
The Ancient Gods – Part One Bug Fixes
- Fixed a crash that would happen at the end of the Slayer tutorial for users who only own the standalone version
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where all the UI text appeared bold
- Fixed a bug that caused loading screens to remain at 99% complete for longer than expected