After the whole backlash on Dishonored 2’s underwhelming performance, Arkane Studios issued an official FAQ for it. According to the FAQ, the game’s recommended specs are for High & 60fps, and only PCs that far exceed those Recommended Specs should opt for Ultra settings.
For your interest, and since it appears that Dishonored 2 stresses more the GPU than the CPU, Arkane Studios recommends an NVIDIA GTX1060 or an AMD Radeon RX 480.
Arkane Studios also suggested PC gamers to avoid having background applications running in addition to the game, and to avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Hilarious stuff.
While the development team is currently investigating the performance issues that have been reported, it has included various recommendations until a performance patch hits Steam.
Here is what Arkane Studios suggests:
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
Obviously, these adjustments are not that helpful for a number of PC gamers (as most of these things are what they’ve already tried).
Bethesda has not sent us yet a Review code for Dishonored 2, so our PC Performance Analysis may get slightly delayed!