Codemasters has released a new update for DiRT 3 that replaces GFWL with Steamworks. In addition, Codemasters has made available the Complete Edition of the game to all those owning the game in order to thank its fans for being patient a whole year (since the announcement of the game’s DRM replacement).
Those already owning DiRT 3 on Steam will notice the Complete Edition being already added to their Steam Library.
On the other hand, those who’ve purchased a retail version will have to follow this guide in order to gain access to the Complete Edition.
- Load up your Steam Client
- Click “Add a game” found in the bottom left of the window
- Click “Activate a product on Steam”
- Click “Next”
- Follow the instructions and when asked enter your CD Key into the “Product Code” box (be sure to use CAPS and include the hyphens)
- Hit “Next”
- Your code will then be verified and the DiRT 3 Complete Edition will be added to your library
- And you’re good to go!