The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics have released the new benchmark in PC air combat simulation with the release of “Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark 2”. “DCS: Black Shark 2” is a simulation of the Russian Ka-50 attack helicopter and the next entry in the Digital Combat Simulator combat series. “DCS: Black Shark 2” is a greatly improved version of the original “DCS: Black Shark” that brings many new features.
The Ka-50 “Black Shark” is a unique and deadly single-seat, Russian attack helicopter that has seen combat in the Northern Caucasus. It combines a high performance dual rotor system with a deadly weapons payload of guided missiles, rockets, bombs, and a 30mm cannon. The Ka-50 is also unique in that it has an ejection seat.
The “DCS: Black Shark 2” upgrade requires “DCS: Black Shark” and is available for $19.99. “DCS: Black Shark 2” is also available as a full product at $39.99. Both versions can be purchased online at its official site.
Improvements over the original “DCS: Black Shark” include:
• Updated Mission Editor with many new features
• New air, land, and sea AI units at incredible levels of detail
• Improved AI for a smarter, more realistic behavior
• Expanded map area to the east to include Tbilisi and location of the 2008 Georgian War
• Dynamic weather with variable weather fronts, winds, and precipitation
• Improved graphics effects like HDR
• Improved low level terrain graphics like grass, bushes, tree shadows and high resolution textures provide a better sense of speed when hugging the Earth
• New campaign based on a follow-on to the 2008 Georgian War
• Network compatibility with “DCS: A-10C Warthog”
• Dynamic shadows in cockpit
• Improved 3D model of Ka-50 cockpit
• Fast mission generator to easily and quickly generate missions
• Takeoff and landings from pitching and rolling ships according to wind speed and direction
• Radio messages from all other friendly flights helps makes the battlefield come to life
• Improved FARP textures
“DCS: Black Shark 2” is internally developed by Eagle Dynamics for The Fighter Collection and is right now available for purchase!
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."