Retrovibe and Bad Bones have announced a new high-speed combat racing roguelite with PSX-era 3D graphics,called VergeWorld. In addition, the teams released a demo for it on Steam, and shared its announcement trailer.
VergeWorld promises to mix procedurally generated intense action and airship customization with the retro PSX-era 3D visuals and synthwave music.
You can download its demo from here. Below you can also find its key features.
- After Burner meets Wipeout, meets The Mandalorian, meets Mad Max
- Procedurally generated levels and Returnal-inspired boss fights
- High-speed combat racing with third-person view bullet hell fights
- Airship’s highly customizable arsenal
- 3 alien biomes to navigate
- PSX-era 3D graphics with pixel art and a splash of modern inspiration
- Nostalgic 16-bit tunes mixed with a synthwave soundtrack
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”