Deep Silver today announced the Definitive Collection for Dead Island. Powered by the latest version of the Chrome Engine, Dead Island Definitive Edition will feature the original Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide with all of their DLCs). The games will be also be available separately.
Here are the key features of the Definitive Editions for Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide:
- High quality textures – Games textures are now in a higher resolution front, thus ensuring an even more sinister atmosphere.
- Photorealistic Lighting – The lighting system of the game has been greatly improved.
- Authentic shadows – With the current version of Chrome Engine, it is possible to produce a physically accurate shadows. Thus, all in-game objects appear under different light conditions much more realistic.
- Image improvement through anti-aliasing
- Optimized Game Models – All game characters act more lifelike thanks to the numerous visual enhancements
- HBAO and motion blur effects – Horizon-based Ambient occlusion (short HBAO) provides further depth in the image and adds more realism.
- Reworked game user interface
- Even more Social features
Deep Silver will also release Definitive Editions for Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide separately.
The Definitive Collection will be priced at €39.99, whereas Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will be priced at €19.99 each. The games will be available on May 31st.
Enjoy the following screenshots!