Keelworks have announced CYGNI: All Guns Blazing; a twin-stick vertical scrolling shooter hybrid with cinematic flare. The game is developed by two former Pixar artists, and below you can find its debut gameplay trailer.
According to the press release, Cygni: All Guns Blazing is an old school nostalgia with modern day graphics, SFX and music. CYGNI is not about reinventing shoot’em ups but rather elevating the genre though higher quality visuals, audio and gameplay.
As said, the game looks absolutely stunning. Keelworks is using Unreal Engine and promises to offer AAA level graphics.
There is currently no ETA on when the game will come out. Still, we’ll be sure to keep you posted.
Below you can also find the game’s key features.
- With next generation visuals, animation and special effects CYGNI is a new benchmark in cinematic shoot’em ups
- Be the lone fighter battling through intensely hostile levels that are full of waves of air and ground assaults
- Choose where to route power on the fly switching between shields (defensive) or weapons systems (offensive)
- Collect energy to power up your ship and energise weaponry from hard-hitting nukes to inescapable vortex bombs
- Launch air to air and air-to-ground attacks as you traverse neon-lit metropolises, moon-like landscapes and even outer space
- Go one-on-one against gargantuan enemies in cinematically epic boss battles
- Full orchestral score and immersive sound design