CD Projekt RED has just released a new patch for Cyberpunk 2077. According to the team, patch 1.04 reduces vehicle appearance pop-ins, and improves stability, including various crash fixes. Furthermore, this update modifies the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms.
Additionally, Update 1.04 removes copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on. It also speeds up switching first-person perspective to third-person perspective in a vehicle, and fixes issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Do note that this patch does not allow yet Ray Tracing on AMD’s GPUs. Thus, AMD users will have to wait for another future update.
As always, all major stores will download Update 1.04 the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.04 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Also fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Also fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Also fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.