Paradox Interactive has announced that Crusader Kings III will release on September 1st. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has released the game’s story trailer that you can find below.
Crusader Kings III is the sequel to one of the world’s most beloved strategy games. As its description reads.
“Rich with new historical content and character options, it has never been easier to wrap yourself in the ermine cloaks of power, writing your own story of castles, knights, crusades, and murder.”
Here are the game’s key features:
Character Focused Gameplay
- Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
Saints and Sinners
- Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
Schemes and Skulduggery
- Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
Events Inspired By History
- Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
3D Character Portraits
- Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
And much more
- Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders, easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.