The team behind the highly anticipated co-op mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Skyrim Together, has announced that its closed beta phase is a go. This Closed Beta is currently only available to all of the mod’s Patreon backers, however an open beta testing (allowing everyone to play the mod prior to its release) is also planned.
The team estimates that the Closed Beta phase for Skyrim Together will last around two weeks. Once the team feels comfortable, it will open it to everyone.
The Closed Beta testing for Skyrim Together features a fully working UI to invite friends and start private sessions, health bars and a party overlay on the UI (which can be hidden), player and NPC synchronization, the ability to interact with objects such as levers, buttons, puzzle elements, as well as the ability to pick up placed items in the world, such as soul gems and sacks of gold.
Chat commands like /tp , /server time(scale) <time(scale) you want it to be> and /server duplication on/off (use /help to view all of the options) will also be available, and the mod will support both PVP and PVE. A reworked death system will be in place and it will allow players to roam elsewhere while other players are in another area.
Those interested can download Skyrim Together by downloading its launcher called Harbor. Harbor will keep the game files up to date where the launcher also updates itself in case it is necessary. Below you can find all the features that are available in this closed beta phase.
Skyrim Together Closed Beta Key Features
- A fully working UI to invite friends and start private sessions
- Health bars and a party overlay on the UI (which can be hidden)
- Player and NPC synchronization
- Interacting with objects such as levers, buttons, puzzle elements
- Picking up placed items in the world, such as soul gems and sacks of gold
- Chat commands like
/server time(scale) <time(scale) you want it to be>and
/server duplication on/off(use
/helpto view all of the options)
- Synchronization of locks, like doors and chests
- PVP and PVE (weapons, magic, shouts and (cross)bow and arrow(/bolt))
- (To most extend) the disabling of pausing whenever you enter a menu, to prevent the world from standing still for everyone
- A reworked death system for players to prevent loading the last savegame
- The ability to roam elsewhere while other players are in another area
- Mod support (compatible with all Creation Kit mods, and additionally client-sided SKSE mods like SkyUI (which requires the latest version of SKSE). Detailed info here)
What we still want to work on before releasing it to the public (due to stability etc):
- Support for Oldrim (we encountered some major issues that were left unnoticed while we continued developing for Skyrim Special Edition. We want to fix Oldrim as soon as we can.)
- Shared containers (chests, burial urns, NPC inventories, etc)
- Dropping items into the world (items will simply not appear)
- Factions and bounties (e.g.: if your friend is a Stormcloak, it will not aggro your hosted Imperials)
- Object synchronization (this mainly means dragging items (no cabbage ball unfortunately), interacting with objects such as levers and picking placed items up still syncs)
- Quest synchronization (you’ll have to take the same steps in the quest, but some quests might get stuck because the quest script requires an actor to move to another place, which it cannot as another player is hosting that NPC)