Back in June, we shared some multiplayer gameplay footage from a WIP version of Call of Duty 2020. And even though Activision has not officially announced yet this new Call of Duty game, some multiplayer details about it have been leaked online.
The following information comes from YouTuber Xclusive Ace. Xclusive Ace is one of the best Call of Duty YouTubers, and can be considered a reliable source. And while the YouTuber has made his COD 2020 video “Private”, you can find below a summary of the new COD 2020 MP details.
According to Xclusive Ace, Call of Duty 2020 targets a Q3 or an early Q4 release date. As such, this new COD game will arrive earlier than previous COD games (which released in the fourth quarter of each year).
As the YouTuber noted, the game is in pretty good state right now, and all multiplayer maps are complete. Moreover, its Single-player campaing is fully playable, though there are some incomplete animations. Furthermore, the game will feature Campaign, Multiplayer, Zombies Modes. Additionally, COD’s battle royale mode, COD Warzone, will be available in it.
My guess is that Activision will officially reveal Call of Duty 2020 during Microsoft’s July event.
Lastly, and as always, we strongly suggest taking everything you are about to read with a grain of salt. Xclusive Ace claims that his source is reliable, and the YouTuber has been a reliable source in the past. Still, things may change which is why we’re marking this as a rumor.
Call of Duty 2020 Multiplayer Details Leak Part #1
- Game is indeed set in the Cold War
- Targeting to release at the end of Q3 (September) but tentatively pushed back to early Q4 (October/early November)
- Game is in a good state. MP maps are pretty much done except for some textures and fixes.
- Campaign is fully playable, only some voice over and animations missing
- Campaign, Zombies, Multiplayer and Warzone, including a new Warzone map
- Standard mini-map is currently in the game. This means that if you shoot an unsilenced gun you’ll show up on the enemy’s minimap
- No Fog of War currently in the game
- Compass from Modern Warfare is returning
- No mounting and leaning
- Sliding returns
- Swimming returns, which yes means water returns in MP maps
- New Warzone map has a big lake in the middle
- Modern Warfare’s Tactical Sprint will NOT return, sprinting is unlimited
- MP maps will NOT have interactable doors, Warzone will have them
COD 2020 Multiplayer Leaks Part #2
- Source is aware of 10 maps currently, map layouts to be more of the classic Treyarch map design for the most part
- One map is a very small boat in the Black Sea
- Another map called “Mall”, quite a complex map
- Third map is called “Satellite”, set in the middle of a desert, very open with some small cave sections. Gave some Afghan (MW2 map) vibes
- Fourth map is called “Tank”, the map from the previous video leak. Smaller, mid-sized three lane map, seems to be designed for competitive
- Fifth map is called “Tundra”
- Sixth map is called “KGB”, very small, about the size of MW2019’s Shoothouse
- No Specialists, but something similar to Field Upgrades will return. Field Upgrades can be charged twice, second charge takes longer. One is a piece of equipment which shoots at vehicles and streaks. Another looked similar to Crash’s ammunition box
- Regular equipment returns, no longer on a recharge timer like BO4
- Scorestreaks return instead of Killstreaks. Some Scorestreaks: Bow, Artillery Strike, Chopper Gunner, Controlled Missile, Death Machine, Flamethrower, Gunship, Grenade Launcher, Hand Cannon, Light Attack Chopper, Napalm Strike, RC-XD, Sentry Gun, Strafing Plane, UAV and Counter UAV
- No Dead Silence in the game at all currently
- 150 health currently but with automatic healing, no word on time to kill, health bar returns as well
Call of Duty 2020 Multiplayer Leaks Part #3
- Guns include the Ak5 and SPAS-12 as secondary, so it looks like Shotguns are once again secondaries
- Create-a-Class is a hybrid of classic CaC (CoD4) and Pick 10. Currently there’s no Gunsmith in the game, but could still be something they’re working on. Customizing your class such as a 4th perk, overkill, extra attachments require Wildcards
- Source isn’t aware of the existence of a Prestige system, but could just be something they’ll implement very late
- Standard MP is 6v6. 2v2 Gunfight currently isn’t in the game, but a 3v3 mode is being playtested
- No Ground War (32v32) map currently in the game, but there is a mode which takes place on sections of the new Warzone map. This could just end up being Ground War as that’s basically what Infinity Ward did with Modern Warfare
- The new Warzone map is set in Russia. Named locations include Mines, Chemical Lab, Weather Station, Ski Slopes, Duga, Zoo and Battery. As said previously, there’s a big lake in the middle (a bit to the bottom left). Bottom right is snowy with mountains and it’s where the Ski Slopes and Weather Station are. Just north of that is the Chemical Lab with a swampy area, and north of that are the Mines. West of that is Duga, which appears to be based on the radio array at Chernobyl. Battery is on the mid-West of the map, with a small city in the middle of the map. The Zoo is just south of the city. Guess is that the map is a bit smaller than Modern Warfare’s Warzone map, although more open.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”