Modder ‘Sergeant_Mark_IV’ has released the final build of the Brutal Doom V21 mod for id Software’s classic shooter. According to the modder, Release Candidate 8 basically means that the V21 version is complete and no new features will be added to it.
In case you weren’t aware of, Brutal Doom adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles. This mod basically inspired Bethesda to include the finisher moves in its Doom 2016 game, and is easily one of the best mods for the classic Doom games.
Brutal Doom V21 Release Candidate 8 features much smoother dirt particles when shooting the floor, further gore improvements, more efficient punching, shows proper ammo indicator for the Grenade Launcher and more.
Those interested can download this latest version of Brutal Doom from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Brutal Doom V21 Release Candidate 8 Release Notes
- Many bugs fixed.
- Much smoother dirt particles when shooting the floor.
- Further gore improvements.
- Punching is more efficient.
- Grenade Launcher has a proper ammo indicator.
- Whenever the player has Berserk strength, there will be a small red square with a black cross next to the player’s mugshot.
- When the player fires the Machinegun’s underbarrel grenade, it will display a small red dot next to the player’s crosshair until the grenade is reloaded again or the weapon is switched.