Gearbox has released a brand new update and a hotfix for Borderlands 3. According to the release notes, the October 3rd patch improves stability by addressing an issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling.
Moreover, this patch resolves an issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC. It also fixes issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank.
In addition, the October 3rd Hotfix brings a number of Vault Hunter Adjustments. Furthermore, it adjusts the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed.
Lastly, the hotfix addresses the Saurian Slingers attacks and modifies the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy. It also resolves an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil’s Razor.
As always, the Epic Games Store will download this latest update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Borderlands 3 October 3rd Update Release Notes
- Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
GENERAL FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages yourself or allies
- Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
- Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
- Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC
- Addressed a reported issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank
Borderlands 3 October 3rd Hotfix Release Notes
VAULT HUNTER ADJUSTMENTS
- Rakk Attack! status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
- Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Barbaric Yawp stat bonus increased by 100%
- Pets no longer push around player characters
- “Touch Pet” prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines
- Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
- Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
- Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zane’s skills
- Amara’s Glamour will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill
- Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
- Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldn’t drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
- Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil’s Razor
- Lavender Crawly’s physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
- Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
- The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
- Saurian Slingers attacks were addressed
- Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
- Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
- NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players
- Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened