Neognosis has announced that its moddable action packed anti-gravity racer that was developed as a love letter to the original Wipeout trilogy, BallisticNG, will leave Steam Early Access and will fully release on December 20th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has also released a new trailer that you can find below.
According to its description, BallisticNG recreates the physics of a time long gone. Playing the game is all about getting into the zone and becoming one with the ship, practicing every nook and cranny of every track until you can do it with your eyes closed. Feeling the speed isn’t about what the HUD tells you, but how the environment swooshes past you and timing the right maneuvers at the right time to keep the flow going. If you’re looking for a quick game, lower speed classes provide you with a more laid back experience. You can even disable weapons if you want a good clean race.
The game is also built as if it were running on real 90s hardware. Low poly ships and environments create simple yet visually rich scenes that can run on most hardware. Retro 3D options are available to emulate hardware limitations from the 90s, modern effects are also available so you can make the game look old, new or anywhere in-between.
And here are the game’s key features:
- 17 tracks set in unique locations, 12 of them reversible for a grand total of 29 playable tracks
- 13 teams and a lineup of super fast drag ships
- 14 pickups for all your combat needs
- 6 gamemodes (Race, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Survival, Knockout and Eliminator)
- A singleplayer campaign to challenge your skill
- Two player splitscreen with dual-monitor support
- A thumping 90s inspired soundtrack featuring 34 tracks spanning across Techno, Jungle, Neurofunk and Drum and Bass
- A modding tool suite to import your own ships, build your own tracks and program your own gamemodes, weapons and more