Beamdog has announced the release of Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is a brand new expansion for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition that adds a new chapter to the Bhaalspawn saga, with its events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.
Do note that Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is not a standalone expansion, meaning that it requires the base game Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition on Steam in order to play.
Here are the key features of Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear:
- A new chapter in the Baldur’s Gate saga
- A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Venture through the vibrant new hand-painted areas of the Sword Coast
- Import your character from BG:EE and continue the story in BGII:EE
- Four new player soundsets to customize your hero
- The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with four new additions!
- Updated UI and improved Infinity engine features
- 25+ hours of gameplay
- New items, quests, and a new class: the Shaman!
- Original soundtrack by Sam Hulick
- Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens