Studio Wildcard have unleashed a wave of sci-fi-themed content for ARK: Survival Evolved today – end-game features that reward hard-working players with awesomely futuristic gear and guns. The new TEK Tier content, launched in today’s v254 update on Steam, includes fantastic sci-fi weapons and gear; including powered armor suits, dino-mountable laser cannons, plasma rifles and much more.
Players wanting TEK Tier loot will need to gather the newly introduced Element resource, which is granted after successfully completing Boss Arenas. Each Boss now has 3 difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard) and after completing each level players are awarded with the TEK Knowledge engram, element and other general Boss Rewards. Collect the Element then use the TEK Replicator to craft all TEK items.
The TEK Tier for ARK will be implemented in multiple phases, Phase I has already been launched and features the following:
- TEK Helmet – Contains a built-in oxygen tank and three different type of vision: Sonar, which identifies tribes, allies, enemies and creatures, Night (see in the dark) and a combined Sonar/Night mode.
- TEK Boots – These boots let players scale vertical surfaces with ease, along with negating any falling damage.
- TEK Pants – Enable a super run that lets players speed through solid objects. Combined with the TEK Shirt, the pants allow for faster flight and a coo l superheroic stance.
- TEK Shirt – Jet Pack! Ever wanted to be Iron Man? Don this item then rocket upwards into space or hover above your enemies to better view the devastation you have wrought!
- TEK Gauntlets – Powerful super punch – smash your foes across the map with this powered up fisticuffs feature.
- TEK Rifle – Powered by Element, the rifle features a scope that can sync up with the TEK Helmet’s vision modes for double the death dealing.
- TEK Rex Saddle – Mount lasers on your T-Rex. Yes…lasers…on…a…T-Rex
- TEK Replicator – Needed for crafting items from the TEK tier.
- TEK Transmitter – This portable terminal functions similarly to an Obelisk, allowing players to transfer characters, creatures and items across the ARK.
Four New Creatures have also been added in ARK v254.
- Purlovia Maxima – Resembling a giant weasel, the Purlovia is a nasty sneak, burrowing underground so it can ambush unaware passers-by.
- Basilosaurus Solatiumfecit – One of the stranger water creatures is Basilosaurus, a powerful swimmer that is so adapted to life in the shallows, it has problems surviving in deep water. This hasn’t kept tribes from taming these gentle creatures, as their warm-blooded nature means riders can be kept comfortable in both hot and cold climes. It’s blubber is also valuable, as it can be processed into a highly efficient form of gasoline.
- Baryonyx Aquafulgur – Baryonyx has the distinction of being on the small end of the large predator tier, but that doesn’t make it any less dangerous. It’s an extremely fast swimmer, and can threaten most creatures on land and sea, which makes it an efficient killer. Taming a Baryonyx makes it even more dangerous!
- Ovis Aries – The Ovis has arrived in-game! This passive, stupid-tempered creature might be weak, but it’s definitely useful, with wool that can be repeatedly sheared and re-grown, and the ability to produce tasty, wonderful, lamb chops. Its also makes for a fun, albeit slow, mount