AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.1 adds support for Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 on the Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Furthermore, this new driver fixes a black screen or flickering when applying auto overclocking memory with games or applications running in fullscreen on the Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. It also addresses the negative performance impact that mpact that Radeon AntiLag had in select games.
It’s also worth noting that this driver resolves the color corruption issue that could occur after installing the Radeon Software. This issue could occur on systems with Windows 10 May 2019 update. We had this issue and the only way we could resolve it was by restarting our system.
But anyway, you can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.1 Release Notes
- Microsoft® PlayReady®3.0
- Supported on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Some system configurations may experience color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update. Issue is resolved in the latest Windows® Update 18362.267 (KB4505903)
- Radeon Chill settings may not sync with game profile settings when changed in-game through Radeon Overlay
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience a black screen or flickering when applying auto overclocking memory with games or applications running in fullscreen
- Radeon AntiLag may slightly impact performance in select games
- Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.