AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 driver offers optimal gaming performance in Gears Tactics & Predator: Hunting Grounds.
Furthermore, this driver fixes a system crash or hang when using Edge browser to play Netflix content. It also addresses some stuttering issues when performing a task switch with performance metrics overlay open in some games. Moreover, it fixes an intermittent crash in Overwatch while entering a game or during extended gameplay sessions.
As always, you can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Driver Release Notes
- Gears Tactics™
- Predator: Hunting Grounds™
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system hang or black screen when running Folding@Home while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content.
- A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
- XSplit™ may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
- Minor stuttering may occur when performing a task switch with performance metrics overlay open in some games.
- Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent crash while entering a game or during extended gameplay sessions.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics product system configurations may intermittently experience a display loss or black screen while gaming or on desktop with a limited number of displays.
- AMD Radeon Software may experience an application crash when playing games with non-alphanumeric characters in the game title.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience an application crash with Microsoft® Teams when hardware acceleration is active.
- An ‘Unable to get requirements’ error message may intermittently occur when viewing the Upgrade Advisor tab in Radeon Software.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay or Record Desktop enabled.
- Resolved an install issue where Error 1603 could occur when an installation prerequisite for Visual C++ was not correctly detected as installed.