Aliens fans, here is something special for you today. Modder ‘Kontra_Kommando’ has released a new beta version of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom. Aliens: The Ultimate Doom is an amazing GZDoom mod that totally converts Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom into a full-fledged Aliens game.
This latest beta version features newly added battle-spawners, IEGs (immersive environment generators), and additional custom-textures.
Here are the key changes/features of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Beta 9.1:
- New and revised custom sprites (Doom II has now been fully converted)
- New battle spawners to create intense combat between factions
- New immersive environment spawners to create a more Aliens-like experience. (rare blocked paths may be circumvented by crouching)
- xenomorph blood has been fully colored from green to yellowish.
Countless fixes, notibly:
- Bugs fix for shotguns
- Weird xenomorph infighting bug fixed (it was a compadiblity issue with the latest version of the gzdoom source port,)
Those interested can download the mod from here.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”