AngelTFTC has released the final version of the TIE Fighter Total Conversion project. TIE Fighter Total Conversion brings all the missions of the classic 1994 LucasArts game TIE Fighter, into the 1999 X-Wing Alliance (XWA) engine.
As its description reads:
“Based on the original TFTC from 2005 and built upon the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project, this is a complete overhaul of the game from graphics to gameplay. All 13 battle campaigns and their training missions have been ported over along with 8 Reimagined battle campaigns, taking advantage of the much better XWA engine and imagining how TIE Fighter could’ve been had the technology of the time not limited it. But here’s a general breakdown of what you can expect from this mod.”
You can download TIE Fighter Total Conversion from here. Below you can also find its key features.
- A full port of all the Classic TIE Fighter missions. This includes the expansions Defender of the Empire and Enemies of the Empire – a total of 76 campaign missions + the 28 original Training missions. This includes all the original voiceovers and cutscenes.
- A Reimagined campaign of the first 8 Battles of TIE Fighter. These take the original missions, expand upon them for more ships, bigger battles. Additionally, and in some cases, it completely builds new missions out of them but retaining the same overall narrative and story points of the original Classic. This campaign includes 37 fully playable campaign missions + 4 updated training scenarios.
- That’s a total of 145 unique missions between both the Classic and Reimagined versions!
- Enjoy the amazing updated visuals for the X-Wing Alliance engine thanks to the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade project (XWAU), bringing this 22 year old game into the modern era of graphics.
- VR Support, again thanks to the XWAU project.
- Enjoy a fully remastered TIE Fighter soundtrack or even load up the old original MIDI soundtrack!
- Rank up, collect memorabilia and earn medals in your pilot room as you progress!
- Join the Secret Order of the Emperor as you play through and rank up those tattoos just like the original.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”