Luigi fans, here is what you’ve been waiting for all these years. Modders ‘PimpUigi’, ‘Marshivolt’, and ‘Kaze Emanuar’ have released a mod/hack that allows you to play as Luigi in Super Mario 64.
The mod also brings five new suits for Luigi. These suits are:
- OG Luigi from Classic Mario Bros. NES and Super Smash Bros. Melee (White shirt + Dark Green pants)
- Super Mario Bros. 1 Luigi (Green shirt + White pants)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Luigi (Bright Green shirt + Black pants)
- Super Mario World Luigi / Smash 64 Luigi (Bright Green shirt + Purple pants)
- Super Mario Super Show Luigi
Furthermore, this romhack adds a rideable Yoshi. After players speak to Yoshi, he’ll join them on their adventure. Yoshi Eggs will appear in most stages right where Luigi spawns.
It’s also worth noting that Super Luigi 64 comes with some QoL for the N64 emulators. For instance, it packs extra coding for GlideN64 that fixes the widescreen object clipping. It also fixes the widescreen skybox, object clipping and black circles around HUD icons for the Jaco 1.6 plugin.
You can download the romhack from here. Below you can also find some screenshots, as well as a gameplay video.