Larian Studios has released an official CG cinematic trailer for Baldur’s Gate 3. Moreover, the team held an event in which it presented the game’s first gameplay footage.
Baldur’s Gate 3 will be using the new Divinity 4.0 engine, and promises to give players unprecedented freedom to explore, experiment, and interact with a world that truly reacts to your choices.
Players will venture through the Forgotten Realms of Dungeons & Dragons in Larian’s biggest adventure yet. Players will also choose from a wide selection of D&D races and classes or play as an origin character with a hand-crafted background. Furthermore, players will adventure, loot, battle and romance as they journey through the Forgotten Realms and beyond.
It’s also worth noting that the game will support both solo and multiplayer with up to four players.
Here are also the game’s key features.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Key Features
- Online multiplayer for up to four players. Will allow you to combine your forces in combat and split your party to follow your own quests and agendas. Concoct the perfect plan together… or introduce an element of chaos when your friends least expect it.
- Origin Characters offer a hand-crafted experience, each with their own unique traits, agenda, and outlook on the world. Their stories intersect with the entire narrative, and your choices will determine whether those stories end in redemption, salvation, domination, or many other outcomes.
- Evolved turn-based combat based on the D&D 5e ruleset. Team-based initiative, advantage & disadvantage, and roll modifiers join combat cameras, expanded environmental interactions, and a new fluidity in combat that rewards strategy and foresight.
- Define the future of the Forgotten Realms through your choices, and the roll of the dice. No matter who you play, or what you roll, the world and its inhabitants will react to your story.
- Player-initiated turn-based mode allows you to pause the world around you at any time even outside of combat. Whether you see an opportunity for a tactical advantage before combat begins, want to pull off a heist with pin-point precision, or need to escape a fiendish trap. Split your party, prepare ambushes, sneak in the darkness.