inXile Entertainment has released an alpha version of its upcoming classic fantasy RPG, The Bard’s Tale IV, to its Kickstarter backers and YouTube’s ‘Retcon Raider’ has shared a video showing 45 minutes of gameplay footage from it. In addition, inXile has announced that this new Bard’s Tale game will be called The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and will feature a dynamic turn-based combat, a full party of characters to build and customize, and first-person exploration of maze-like dungeons with devious puzzles and riddles.
The game is currently targeting a 2018 release, and below you can find its key features:
- A single-player, party-based role-playing game, rich in exploration and combat
- Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam, or DRM-Free from GOG.com or The Humble Store
- Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
- Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”