inXile Entertainment has released an alpha version of its upcoming classic fantasy RPG, The Bard’s Tale IV, to its Kickstarter backers and YouTube’s ‘Retcon Raider’ has shared a video showing 45 minutes of gameplay footage from it. In addition, inXile has announced that this new Bard’s Tale game will be called The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and will feature a dynamic turn-based combat, a full party of characters to build and customize, and first-person exploration of maze-like dungeons with devious puzzles and riddles.
The game is currently targeting a 2018 release, and below you can find its key features:
- A single-player, party-based role-playing game, rich in exploration and combat
- Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam, or DRM-Free from GOG.com or The Humble Store
- Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
- Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages