Hellpoint is an action RPG with extreme similarities to the Dark Souls series. This is basically a Dark Souls clone. The only major difference is that the game takes place in space. Actually, if I am not mistaken, the whole game takes place on a space station called Irid Novo.
Players familiar with the Dark Souls series will probably have some fun with the game. On the other hand, people not familiar with the series will definitely have a harder time familiarizing themselves with the game. In case you don’t like Dark Souls, then you should probably stay clear of this title.
To be honest, the game doesn’t look bad for a developing team of seven people. The game of course looks inferior compared to any of the Dark Souls games in terms of production values, and it’s to be expected from a small indie studio.
Here are also the game’s key features:
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master; slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
- Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Below you can watch sixteen minutes of gameplay from the preview build of Hellpoint. Enjoy!