IGN has shared the E3 2021 gameplay trailer for the first-person open world action adventure game, BLACKTAIL. In this game, players will assume the role of Yaga; a 16-year-old girl accused of witchcraft and expelled from an early medieval Slavic settlement.
According to its description, players will experience a one-of-a-kind blend of intense archery combat and dark storytelling. Moreover, they can choose their path to become the guardian of the woods or the terror nightmares are based on.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Use your trusty bow and gauntlet to defeat enemies throughout your journey
- Craft arrows and potions, hunt wild game, and harvest herbs to survive in the uncanny woods
- Find hidden treasures and pieces of Slavic legends
- Follow a mysterious voice leading Yaga down the dark path to power and discover your own past along the way
- Track down elusive spirits and engage in thrilling boss fights to recollect Yaga’s missing memories
- Relive memories to gather clues and solve the mystery of Yaga’s lost friends
- Dive beyond the surreal. Every memory is an artfully crafted 2.5D narrative episode — each a trippy vision shedding light on Yaga’s heart and soul, as well as her mysterious origin
- Define your alliances and beliefs through story-driven side quests. Decide the fate of the land and its inhabitants: be vengeful and manipulative, or honest and compassionate
- BLACKTAIL’s Morality System will significantly impact your gameplay experience. Watch your skillset change as you make story defining choices that shift your morality
- Collect lost recipes from the ancient Grimoire, brew elixirs in the Cauldron to unlock skill upgrades and grow into a great power
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”