Hello Games has released a brand new update for No Man’s Sky. According to the release notes, the Endurance Update 3.98 fixes numerous bugs that plagued the game.
Going into more details, this patch fixes a visual glitch that could occur when the player stood on very steep ledges or railings. It also resolves a collision issue that allowed players to become stuck when jetpacking into the freighter bridge teleporter.
Moreover, this update addresses a number of shadowcasting glitches on freighter exterior bases. It also fixes an issue that prevented players from building inside another player’s freighter base, even with the correct multiplayer permissions.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
No Man’s Sky Endurance Update 3.98 Release Notes
Bug Fixes #1
- Fixed a visual glitch that could occur when the player stood on very steep ledges or railings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some Leviathan-specific missions to persist beyond the end of the expedition.
- Infestation Nexus missions now correctly lead players to the target planet.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with freighter engines.
- Improved the messaging during combat at Sentinel Pillars during Nexus missions.
- Fixed a number of collision issues in freighter bases.
- Fixed a case where freighter rooms with ladders could prevent other parts in the base from being powered.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented players from building inside another player’s freighter base, even with the correct multiplayer permissions.
- Fixed a collision issue that allowed players to become stuck when jetpacking into the freighter bridge teleporter.
- Fixed an issue that caused some NPCs to give dialog from the wrong quest the first time they were interacted with.
- Starships can no longer be purchased or exchanged while your current ship is being salvaged, to prevent issues were inventories and stats of your current ship were displaced.
- Placing a ladder in a freighter now automatically adds a room above it.
Bug Fixes #2
- Fixed an issue that caused NPC ship labels to have the incorrect pilot name in pirate space stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented freighter upgrades related to frigate speed and fuel usage from working correctly.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented Vy’keen face shape customisation from being available in the Appearance Modifier.
- Fixed an issue that prevented organic frigates from making contact if discovered in uninhabited systems.
- Fixed an issue that prevented summoning a freighter immediately after acquiring a new organic frigate.
- Also fixed an issue that caused incorrect information to appear on the frigate UI (such as ‘flesh status’) after viewing the Leviathan.
- Improved the visibility of the ‘feed’ slot for organic frigates.
- Fixed a number of minor visual issues with freighter base parts.
- Fixed an issue that allowed unwanted bases to appear around specific Nexus mission locations.
- Also fixed an issue that could cause Nexus missions involving activated Cadium to fail to initiate.
- Improved the visuals of the freighter Nutrition Room.
- Added two additional freighter base parts: an internal staircase and a set of exterior stairs.
- Fixed a number of shadowcasting glitches on freighter exterior bases.
- Fixed a rare case where players would not receive a Dream Aerial from fleet mission after a mission was totally destroyed, or after adjusting the system clock.