Avalanche has just released a new update for Hogwarts Legacy. According to the developers, the March 8th Patch improves overall gameplay, Ray Tracing, performance, stability and online connectivity.
Going into more details, this latest patch improves stability and performance after long play throughs. It also improves VFX performance with raytracing, as well as overall RT performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers. Furthermore, this update fixes RTA making decals black, directional light shadows, and shadows on trees.
It’s also worth noting that this update resolves some memory leaks that plagued the game. Not only that, but it also improves VRAM usage for GPUs with reduced memory.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Hogwarts Legacy March 8th Update Release Notes
- Improve player account network registration and tracking.
- Fixed DLC related issues during pause menu, gear menu.
- Fixed DLC flying mount inventory issue potentially disappearing during a mission.
- Fixed blocker issue when unlocking the bandit camp cage before starting the mission.
- Fixed not being able to complete a quest during a specific conversation with Madam Kogawa missing from her desk.
- Also fixed avatar getting stuck between barrel and furnace by jumping or opening tool wheel.
- Fixed a duplication collision next to one of the store entrances.
- Fixed issue with waypoints being in the air instead of the ground within Hogsmeade.
- Also fixed objective maker being over Fig properly after waiting period.
- Fixed missing exit prompt on some doors within Hogwarts.
- Fixed opening butterfly chests other than the intended ones for a quest doesn’t count toward mission progression.
- Also fixed butterflies to not appearing at the specified area to progress the mission again.
- Fixed incorrect merge mission progression.
- Fixed stability issue in the Spoons in the Potion’s classroom.
- Also fixed stars being present when focusing telescope during Astronomy class on low settings.
- Fixed stars brightness and pop issues with Astronomy mini-games.
- Fixed shields not displaying correctly during Crossing Wands missions.
- Fixed player getting trapped while mounting a broom or while rotating a statue.
- Fixed not landing on Viaduct bridge.
- Also fixed mesh breaking when avatar mounts broom after teleporting in open area.
- Fixed flash and shuttering when mounting any broom.
- Fixed wagon carts clipping into one another while avatar is blocking them.
- Fixed occasional respawning duplication of One Man Band in Hogsmeade.
- Fixed issue with characters that do not have hair.
- Fixed broom speed parameters.
- Fixed enemy shields not displaying correctly during Cross Wands missions.
- Also fixed enemy shields disappearing after being hit several times.
- Fixed visibility of constellations at the astronomy table.
- Fixed Dark Wizard Extortionist AOE lightning VFX attack remaining on screen.
- Fixed audio of waterfall in the cliffside based on avatars proximity.
- Update latest audio soundbanks.
- Resolved localization and VO selection properly playing correctly.
- Updated localization strings.
- Fixed female avatar face appearing different from the creation preview during gameplay.
- Fixed transition between UI purchase window and forced conversation with vendors.
- Also fixed map showing wrong path to the map chamber.
- Fixed damaged being represented when enemy is hit with transformation and Ancient Magic Throw.
- Improve tracking for Room of Requirement.
- Fixed Ansel issue when FOV is set too high.
- Fixed UI controller icons displaying correctly based on controller platform type.
- Updated facial animations.
- Fixed NPC treadmilling during the House Cup.
- Fixed blurred texture and LOD pop.
- Also fixed Avatar robes appearing before Fig makes them appear before the sorting ceremony.
- Improved stability and performance after long play throughs.
- Improved VFX performance with raytracing.
- Also improved performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers.
- Removed fog volumes for better BVH performance.
- Fixed RTAO making decals black.
- Fixed directional light shadows.
- Also fixed shadows on trees.
- Fixed performance of the culling of lights in the frontend.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Vendors during sequential saves after issue being patched.
- Fixed streaming in and out after getting the ‘Dung Bomb’ field guide and loading a manual save.
- Also fixed an issue when turning off the title and loading an auto-save during final credits causing an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed voice pitch setting save issue with avatar.
Performance and Stability #1
- Fixed streaming issues throughout Hogwarts.
- Fixed crash when common room is being shown to the player.
- Also fixed crash with skeletal mesh.
- Fixed crash with deflection impacts.
- Fixed crash when reading dictionary files.
- Also fixed performance when using ancient magic squash finisher on elevated Thornback Ambusher in Rune Door arena.
- Improve rendering performance of translucent objects.
- Fixed crash during a story graph.
- Fixed streaming of plants in the Slytherin Common Room.
- Also fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed crash with map icon state.
- Fixed crash with invalid UI.
- Also fixed streaming out of the Great Hall while navigating Hogwarts.
- Fixed crash during audio occlusion checks around player.
- Fixed crash when using explosive barrels.
- Also fixed crash when using Incendio spell.
- Fixed crash when using Accio, Confringo, or Stupefy spells.
- Fixed crash when updating gear items.
- Also fixed crash recursive crash with Solomons shields.
Fixed crash with mount zones.
- Fixed crash during combat cursed lifetime.
- Fixed crash during and spawning race on broom
- Also fixed occlusion culling with doors opening and closing.
- Fixed occlusion culling issue.
- Fixed a crash when travelling to Professor Fig’s classroom.
- Also fixed crashes related with Niagara and destructible related VFX.
- Fixed a crash with damage over time not registering correctly.
- Fixed crash spawning actor not being stored correctly.
- Also fixed crash with spawning actors correctly.
- Fixed crash during character creation.
Performance and Stability #2
- Fixed optimization animation instancing.
- Fixed crash with moving stairs.
- Also fixed crash with VFX after prolonged play throughs.
- Fixed crash related transformations in Overland.
- Fixed crash dealing with object state.
- Also fixed crash with parry in combat.
- Fixed crash with VFX AOE.
- Fixed crash with hints.
- Also fixed crash with achievements with an invalid online userid.
- Fixed crash while speaking to Rackham.
- Fixed crash when using Wingardium.
- Also fixed performance drops experienced during longevity of the game.
- Fixed performance drop in Divination classroom.
- Improve VRAM usage specially for video cards with reduced memory.
- Fixed raytracing lighting performance in the frontend.
- Fixed using Ansel while a spell is being cast.
- Also fixed using Ansel while the avatar is riding a broom.
- Updated shader compilation with latest PSO cache.
- Fixed lighting optimization with Nvidia drivers.
- Resolved 32:9 aspect ratio issue when using an Ultrawide monitor.
- Fixed Ansel issue when FOV is set too high.
- Updated “Special Thanks” credits and legal lines.
- Updated minimum Nvidia and AMD video driver recommendations.