Ziggurat Interactive has announced that later this month, it will release updated versions of the classic third-person vampire-themed action-RPGs, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2. In a nod to the series’ original developers, Terminal Reality, and to reflect their direct work on these new releases, these updated games will be named BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut.
These two enhanced versions will be available on Steam and GOG.com on November 20th. According to the team, these enhanced editions will be available to all owners of the original games. Moreover, these editions will feature many improvements for PC players.
Here are their key features:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840x2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Optimized for Windows 10
Wade Rosen, President of Ziggurat Interactive, said:
“The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series. Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.”