Modder ‘Pavonis’ has just released his overhaul mod for XCOM 2, Long War 2. Long War 2 lengthens the campaign, adds new classes, guns and aliens, changes how things work, expands squad size and allows you to take more than one squad out on missions.
According to Pavonis, the Long War 2 mod presents a series of changes to the game’s campaign including the introduction of new tactical mission scenarios like Jailbreak, the Technical class for your XCOM soldiers, and more varied counter-operations from ADVENT forces.
Here are the main features of Long War 2:
- A much longer campaign, running for 100 to 120 missions on average
- Infiltration mechanics that require you to send out multiple squads at once
- Manage resistance Havens and have resistance members scrounge for supplies, gather intelligence or recruit more people to your cause
- Nine soldier classes: Sharpshooter, Shinobi, Ranger, Assault, Gunner, Grenadier, Specialist, Technical and Psionic (plus Sparks for DLC owners), each with unique secondary weapons
- Two new weapon tiers, lasers and coilguns
- Dozens of new enemies and smarter battlefield AI
- ADVENT strategic AI that tries to counter your moves
Those interested can download Long War 2 from here.