Egosoft released for free a new update for X Rebirth that updates it to version 4.0 and comes with some new and interesting features. In addition, Egosoft announced today the release of Home of Light; a new expansion of the X Rebirth universe that makes best use of the many new features of X Rebirth 4.0.
Here are the key features of X Rebirth 4.0:
- Bulletin board system to keep track of offered missions.
- Major overhaul of external view (enabled menus, target elements, external view in highways, and more).
- Orders for multiple selected ships in the Property Owned menu (replaces ‘Broadcast’ order).
- Trade Deals menu with profit estimates.
- Economy logging and statistics.
- Time acceleration using SETA.
- New mission to obtain player ship jump drive.
- New missions to hack stations and obtain rare or valuable items.
- You can now find and craft rare weapon modifications that increase your weapon’s stats when installed.
- New in-game tutorials.
- OS X and Linux versions now join Windows on full release.
Home of Light is the second expansion for X Rebirth and establishes the access to three new star systems, including the well-known Home of Light, home of the powerful TerraCorp.
Here are the key features for Home of Light:
- A Larger Universe: Set a course through the Jump Gates to three whole new systems.
- Home of Light: The fabled system, complete with a massive economy to profit from.
- Toride: The universe has never been as hostile, nor had so much to explore, as in the Toride system. Be aware and be warned!
- Cold Star: A source of resources in massive quantities, combined with dangerous regions and other secrets.
- Build Warehouse Stations: Construct specialised warehouse stations to stock up on large amounts of any wares. Set it up as your own trading station or use it as a storage depot. Take control of the market!
- New game starts: Jump straight into trading with two capable freighters in the middle of the rich Home of Light system or take on the role of Verge Explorer, with a well-equipped ship and a versatile crew.
- New missions: Experience new missions to be found in the new systems, putting you right in the thick of the action and taking advantage of the new X Rebirth 4.0 Bulletin Board System.
- More Challenging Enemies: The ever-threatening Xenon are even stronger than before, and you may also encounter an old and forgotten enemy.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”