Bugbear Entertainment has released a brand new update for its demolition derby themed racing game, Wreckfest. According to the developers, the February update adds two new tracks, and brings a number of gameplay improvements and tweaks.
Going into more details, Wreckfest’s February 2020 patch fixes “Reset Effect” setting title and description being switched. Moreover, parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view. Digital clutch release is also now not as penalizing when shifting sloppily.
In order to showcase some of the key features of this patch, Bugbear released the following trailer. You can also find the complete changelog of the February update below.
Wreckfest February 2020 Update Release Notes
- Added two new tracks: Tribend (Speedway with 3 track variants) and Thunderbowl (Demolition Derby Arena).
- (PS4) Added support for Voice Chat.
- (PS4) Improved loading times by 15–25% depending on the case.
- Parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view.
- Fixed “Reset Effect” setting title and description being switched.
- Digital clutch release is now not as penalizing when shifting sloppily.
- First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
- When using shifting modes with automatic clutch, all cars now use the faster shifter profiles in order to make cars more equal.
- Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when using upgrades from the Steel & Wheels pack.
- Improved Hornet model, engine and suspension.
- Raiden RS is now slightly weaker and maxes out slightly earlier performance-wise.
- Increased Rebelrat maximum performance points to make it more competitive.
- Improved Raiden RS mudflaps and a number of other panels.
- Added an upgrade part to remove the Raiden RS front panel.
- Fixed an issue when Raiden RS materials turned partially black when a specific exhaust part was installed.
- Fixed Raiden RS misconfigured locked differential.
- Also fixed Raiden RS grille causing a error when uninstalled.
- Fixed Raiden RS lod model window pivot, causing the window to float above the car.
- Fixed Vandal grille causing an error when uninstalled.
- Also fixed Vandal “Upright Side Headers” exhaust.
- Fixed Vandal “Rallysport” tire upgrade.
- Fixed Vandal “Hot Dog” prop name.
- Vandal window glass now breaks correctly.
- Vandal brake lights no longer break from hits to the side.
- Improved positional audio.
- Fixed missing Venom engine audio.
- Improved engine audio volume balancing across different cars.
- Stationary vehicles no longer repeatedly trigger the contact sound effect.