Danvsw has released a new lighting mod for Watch_Dogs. We all know how Watch_Dogs was downgraded from its original vision, however Ubisoft’s open-world title looks amazing thanks to this mod.
As Danvsw claimed, this mod combines many mods by other modders as well as some of his own, and is based originally on TheWorse mod.
Those interested can download the mod from here.
Here are all the mods that are included in this compilation mod:
- Includes most features from the original TheWorse mod, such as depth of field, textures by MaLDo, headlight shadows etc., more info in the original mod page [link] (credits to kadzait24, TheWorse, VAAS and MaLDo)
- Relief Mapping (similar to Parallax Occlusion Mapping) by The Silver [example]
- E3 Focus by txgt
- E3 White helicopter spotlight by txgt [example]
- E3 Beretta 92FS by The Silver + improved specularity material
- Biker outfit (replaces Cyberpunk outfit) by infiniium + helmet reflection fix for rainy weather
- Increased steam/smoke by Essenthy
- Reflective Cloud Gate by The Silver
- Improved Vehicle Lighting by txgt
- Dark blue night sky during Clear weather by txgt
- Disabled bloom by txgt
- Clear sky during Clear weather
- Greatly reduced distance fog during Clear weather
- Improved weapon materials during rainy weather
- Less obtrusive sun flare & glare
- Less aggressive adaptation during Clear weather
- More realistic sun & godrays colors
- Modified almost all vegetation (colors/brightness) to better match the lighting
Do note that this mod suffers from a minor brightness issue during cloudy weather.
“Cloudy weather is too dark, what I did is lower gamma from 1.2 to 1.0 in sweetfx (Tonemap) whenever cloudy weather occurred.
When entering indoors and tunnels during cloudy weather, the lighting outside gets glitched but returns to normal when going back out.”