Bandai Namco and Behaviour Interactive announced the release of Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade on Steam Early Access. According to the developers, Eternal Crusade’s Early Access Program will last for a number of months, during which the MMO components such as character progression, the strategic layer and territorial conquest will be introduced.
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is described as the first Massive Online Shooter in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, in which players can engage in tactical third-person action on foot and in vehicles.
The game’s Early Access focuses mainly on the core combat experience. As the development will progress toward the official launch date more content will be added.
Here is what is currently available in the game’s Early Access state.
Limited maps featuring ranged and melee combat on foot and in vehicles
The following factions are available to play:
Space Marines featuring the Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Ultramarines chapters
- 5 classes, Tactical, Assault, Ground Assault, Devastator and Apothecary
- 3 vehicles: Rhino, Predator & Vindicator
Chaos Space Marines featuring the Word Bearers, Alpha Legion and Black Legion
- 5 classes, Traitor, Traitor Assault, Raptor, Havoc & Aspiring Sorcerer
- 3 vehicles: Chaos Rhino, Chaos Predator & Chaos Vindicator
Additional features include
- Combat abilities such as psychic powers, jump packs, buff system, executions, heavy weapon modes, cover system, healing and more.
- Extensive HUD for situational awareness, character status, scoreboards, squad elements, powers and buff status
- In game map detailing deployments, waypoints, and objective status
- Group systems, rescue systems, auto-barks and squad bonuses.