Digital Extremes has announced the release of the Warframe Plains of Eidolon expansion on PC and Steam today. Following four-plus years of Warframe’s continual evolution, this expansion will give players a lively new territory to explore.
This expansion packs a 10-story high boss to combat, new weapons, items and armor to upgrade and customize. Furthermore, it introduces an original chapter in the game’s ever-expanding lore and a unique Warframe.
Plains of Eidolon is the first-of-its kind Landscape for Warframe. The Open Zone design offers kilometers of colorful rolling hills and pastures, lively lakes and rivers, active mines and caves, all during a continual diurnal/nocturnal cycle for players to soak up and enjoy. As many as 50 players can converge on the makeshift basecamp of Cetus, where the race of the Ostrons offer missions and challenges, and new weapons, armor and items to craft and customize to a degree never before realized in Warframe.
Players will clash with new and old Grineer, partake in mini-games such as spearfishing and mining, and partner up with as many as three others to explore the Plains. At night, new challenges and dangers will surface. The bravest and best equipped teams can venture forth in the hunt for the massive Eidolon. Eidolon is a towering monstrosity lured to consciousness in search of something dangerous and mysterious.
Here are the key features of Warframe Plains of Eidolon:
- Landscapes: Plains of Eidolon is the first continual Warframe environment offering players an Open Zone in which to explore, fight, discover, spearfish, mine, collect and play
- Cetus: Mingle, browse, buy, craft, and take on challenges in the marketplace of Cetus
- Epic Eidolon Fights: Against these demanding towers of death, Tenno will need all of their skill, wit, and even the Luck of the Lotus if they expect to survive!
- New Warframe: The 34th Warframe, Gara, manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies with four Abilities and a variety of new weapons, items, and Customizations
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: With weapons like the Astilla, which shoots slugs that explode on impact, to the Volnus, a lightweight glass hammer that deals a large amount of damage, and Reinforcements like Argonak, the hooked blade Krohkur, and its twin, the Dual Krohkur, everyone’s Arsenal will be primed for battle
- Focus Rework: The Operator-Warrior Focus 2.0 changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling players to equip their Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor
- Mag Pneuma Collection: Tenno can harness the magnetic force around them with the new Mag Pneuma Collection, including the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana
- Comic Book Companion: Working with Top Cow Productions, Digital Extremes’ first Warframe comic tells a dire tale of war tied into Plains of Eidolon.