Empyrean is the latest upcoming expansion of the Warframe universe. Soon you will have the opportunity to actually become a space ninja and ninjas, as we know, play for free.
The developers showcased the expansion in the annual Tennocon, with a lengthy video explaining the features and the new gameplay mechanics. Most of these were quite awesome and I think it will probably bring back old players and new as well.
It’s been a while since I played Warframe and to be honest this looks so good that I might have to give it another go. Unfortunately there is no official release date, but we should expect the expansion later this year or at the beginning of the next one.
Below you can read the expansion’s major features:
Enlist a four-player crew to hijack, scavenge and sabotage across the Origin System. Contact ground teams for support, steal enemy ships, explore ancient ruins, assassinate kingpins and get rewarded for your missions into deep space.
• Siege and Steal Enemy Ships: Infiltrate opponent ships using Archwings, kill the captain and take the helm of their ship! It’s time to become a swashbuckling space ninja, Tenno.
• Dynamic Situations: During your missions, you’ll need to take into account additional hazards to complete your mission successfully. The TennoLive demo showed off Void Storms that can disable equipment, boarding parties that can breach your Railjack and an Infested ambush deep within an ancient Orokin ruin.
• Signal the Squad Link: Transcend beyond your solo objective and tap into a larger mission by reaching out to other squads of Tenno using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up active players on Fortuna or Plains of Eidolon (or vice versa) to help the bigger cause — lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more, as the New War looms.
• Customize and Upgrade Everything: The Drydock is your Railjack’s personal space hangar. Upgrade your battleship’s Equipment, Cosmetic, and Reinforcements with weapons such as the Auto-Cannon, Pulse Laser, Homing Missile Launcher, EMP Stun weapons, and Decoy Countermeasures. Boost your Shields, Engine, Hull and Stealth using resources found during your voyages. Beautify it all by customizing aesthetics from primary, secondary and tertiary colors and accents. And of course, christen your ship with a custom name emblazoned on the Railjack’s hull.
• Kingpin System: Enemies have started to adapt to Tenno lethality, and from it, kingpins will emerge. More information coming soon.
Check out all the information and videos regarding Empyrean on the official site
Also don’t forget to watch the new cinematic intro directed by Dan Trachtenberg (Uncharted, Black Mirror, 10 Cloverfield Lane).