Unreal: Return to Na Pali was the first expansion for Epic’s classic shooter, Unreal. This game was released in 1999 and modder ‘Lightning_Hunter’ has been working on graphical overhaul for it. This mod is called Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD, and also comes with 10 new levels that were originally cut from Unreal.
Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD is described as a polished conversion of Return to Na Pali for Unreal Tournament 99, featuring better compatibility with Unreal Tournament 99 than the previous RTNP conversions, high-resolution skins and textures, better lighting, gameplay, sounds, new stories and more.
Here are the key features of Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1 HD.
- RTNP conversion to UT99, without the pesky bugs that have come with previous RTNP conversions.
- Bug fixes, texture alignments, game play enhancements, and more for the original 17 RTNP levels
- 10 new levels, completely restored from cut Beta content of Unreal. This content has been modified to fit right in with RTNP, including proper transitions between levels. The content has also been enhanced with better lighting, game play, sounds, new stories and more. All of it feels right at home!
- Restored music from the beta releases, which are used in the new maps and even some of the old maps.
- 50 new high-resolution skins to replace the old low-res beta skins and custom skins of RTNP:UE.
- Never-before seen beta skins have been introduced in this release, as well as a few new custom skins (all in high-res)
- A few new stories have been added.
- Some very minor game play tweaks and bug fixes, including quieter footstep sounds.
Those interested can download this mod from here.