OtherSide Entertainment has released the third major update for Underworld Ascendant. According to the release notes, this patch improves overall performance and framerates, as well as loading times.
Furthermore, this patch improves lighting so that players can see deeper into the darkest corners of the Abyss, adds a new, more appropriately-sized model representing smaller equipment items like helmets and boots, adds confirmation text when Quick-Saving and more.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Underworld Ascendant Patch 3 Release Notes
Performance Improvements and New or Updated Features
- Major improvements to frame rate and load times.
- Lighting pass across the game to help players see deeper into the darkest corners of the Abyss.
- Added Saurian Mage allies that have been captured by Typhon’s minions. Once you free these allies, they will aid you in battle against nearby undead.
- Added the Outcast character Fane, an ally who, once freed, becomes a vendor selling adventuring provisions wherever Hapurkala sets up camp.
- Added Talking Skulls (Bart and Bertha) to the Midnight Forum in Marcaul.
- Increased the equipment that drops in the earliest part of the game and added several new types of gear.
- Loot from chests is now placed more intelligently in the chest’s interior, to reduce unintended collisions.
- Added a new, more appropriately-sized model representing smaller equipment items like helmets and boots.
- Added confirmation text when Quick-Saving, including a notification if the player is in a situation where saving is not permitted.
- You can now start climbing ropes and chains from swimming contact, not just jumping. Also, contact with water won’t break you out a rope climb.
- Blast arrows no longer detonate without being fired (like, for example, when they’re sitting in a chest).
- Rune formulas branded on wands with the Focus Mastery skill are now preserved around player respawn.
- Added Goggles of Night-vision as a new item of headgear.
- Added variation of scale colors to Saurians (rather than all defaulting to green).
- Updated Aelita’s vendor tables to offer a greater selection of gear usable with the Ceremonial Garb skill.
- Updated the sfx that plays upon completing a quest.
- Improved performance when things are on fire.Polish and Bug Fixes
- The confirmation screen when quick-loading (pressing F9) a saved game is no longer blank.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to complete a quest if they save after completing the objective but before turning it in.
- The frame rate no longer hitches when the Tab button is pressed.
- Fixed a number of crash bugs.
- Fixed issues related to using a controller to play the game.
- Fixed issue where a dying NPC could send the playing flying upon its death.
- Fixed issue where the player was unable to complete the “Typhon Summons a Lich!” quest if they left Titan’s Reach and came back.
- Fixed various Inventory issues related to stacks and arrows.
- Fixed issue where the player’s quest could break if they saved after completing the quest objective but before turning it in.
- The Sword of Regret now restores the intended amount of health to the player.
- The Blade of Bewilderment now gives a small bonus to Adroit damage in addition to its main Confusion ability.
- Fixed an error that prevented unlocking the Vitality II skill. Note: It unlocks after the character performs a quest with the Quick Recovery skill.
- Magically-bound creatures are no longer frictionless when trying to move.
- Improved the consistency damaged received from a fall, depending on the height of the fall.
- The player is no longer immune to falling damage during their melee attacks.
- Eidolons will now raise skeletons as their original type, rather than always as Spectral Knights.
- Fixed a few bugs with combat animations that were moving a player involuntarily.
- Fixed not being able to skip the intro if you hit the ‘no’ button.
- Fixed the Deep Slug not being baited by dropped Ripper Pomes.
- Deleted the obsolete warning that the player needs a bow when scrolling over arrows.
- Fixed a minor exploit where players could load an arrow, drop their arrows, fire the equipped arrow, and pick the bundle of arrows back up with no decrease in quantity held.
- Fixed an issue where lights reflected on water were disappearing at certain camera angles.
- Fixed an issue where a player could hold a dead NPC’s body close and use it to climb up into the sky.
- Fixed some localization issues.
- Fixed an issue where some Tutorial and Quest Popups have no text.
- Fixed clarity of Side Bounty Completion / Failure on Mission Complete Screen that gave the impression that the quest had failed versus the side bounty not being completed
- Fixed issue where player was able to access Inventory and Pause menu during ending credits.
- Fixed issue where Tempus Modus/Doom Counter was located off the Map in Marcaul.
- Fixed a few memora logs that did not have titles.
- Removed mentions of Influence from all quest rewards.
- Fixed issue where the item spawned by the Create Wood wand would not stay in the Player’s grasp.
- Fixed issues where player receives a significant amount of damage by swinging corpse of an enemy around.
- Fixed several visual holes found throughout the game.
- Fixed several issues that caused corpses of enemies to spin
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”